Re: New hammock camping journal

  • Admin
    Message 1 of 8 , May 31, 2004
      It sounds like you had an enjoyable hike. There are very few ways I'd rather
      experience a birthday than out on the trail...I turned 18 on the day I walked into
      Maine in 2000, so I have experience with this one :-)

      Oh, and btw, if I've never told you, nice quilt ;-)

      What version of the pack are you using now? I haven't seen a green one on your
      site...

      -Jeremy Padgett (Hungry Howie & The New Sushi)
      Message 2 of 8 , May 31, 2004
        Admin wrote:
        It sounds like you had an enjoyable hike.  There are very few ways I'd rather
        experience a birthday than out on the trail...I turned 18 on the day I walked into
        Maine in 2000, so I have experience with this one :-)

        Oh, and btw, if I've never told you, nice quilt ;-)

        What version of the pack are you using now?  I haven't seen a green one on your
        site...

        -Jeremy Padgett (Hungry Howie & The New Sushi)

        Jeremy aka Hungry Howie,

        Thanks for the kudos. Your quilt plans gave me the hope to build my first down quilt.  Modified for simplicity, it is essentially what you suggested. The materials are from the kit that Thruhiker puts out for your quilt. I don't think I have ever taken the time to thank you for your clear writing, though I point to your instructions on my homepage.

        This was the first I had used the quilt in a shelter outside my hammock.  It works beautifully for that application as well. It worked even better when I discovered that my feet were more comfortable when I used a pillow of my raingear in their stuff sack to keep my heels off the floor. I need to write a little blurb on that sometime.

        The pack is one built by Fanatic Fringe, the Thompson Peak without waist belt. I am testing it for BackpackGearTest. The Initial Review can be seen here.

        Walk Well
        Risk
      • papajohnhikes
        Message 3 of 8 , May 31, 2004
          There are very few ways I'd rather
          > experience a birthday than out on the trail...

          I will turn 52 while in the Smokies on June 14th...Wonder if there
          will be cake and ice cream?
        • Coy
          Message 4 of 8 , May 31, 2004
            combination of things. sick, late at night, skimming, just plain
            ignorance. so happy bd a couple of weeks late!

            Coy Boy

            Message 5 of 8 , May 31, 2004
              Coy wrote:

              >so happy bd a couple of weeks late!

              Hi Coy,

              Thanks. It was a fine birthday. (I just wanted to make sure I had not
              written something that implied a different birth date.)