Re: Do you seam seal hems ? (Was : More tarps and under/over quilts made...)

  • dlfrost_1
    Message 1 of 30 , May 29, 2004
      > Doug,
      >
      > That sounds fasinating. Are you reasonably sure that a stiffer
      > edging material works that way with silnylon tarps, or are you
      > speculating?
      >
      > Dave

      Reasonably sure. But I wouldn't go overboard with it. The less the
      edging is able to stretch the less it will go along smoothly with the
      syl-nylon. You could get into compatibility misbehaviors like
      rucking along the edging and uneven pull in the stitching. But it's
      something to consider anyway. (It's not even worth bothering about
      in the heavier nylon fabric traditionally used for tarp-making.)

      Doug Frost
    • Bill Fornshell
      Message 2 of 30 , May 31, 2004
        Mirage, I have been thinking about getting .Mac. I would have to
        upgrade to Mac OS X something as I now run OS 9.1. That means buying
        the newest Mac OS ($100+) and then subscribing to .Mac ($=?). I don't
        have a web page or anything like it and what you did with the Gear
        Making weekend looks nice. What is the "Journal" feature like?
        Thanks. Bill

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Mirage" <mirage@p...> wrote:
        > I hosted my "Make Your Own Gear" day (weekend) this last weekend,
        and boy did we
        > work our butts off. Quilts on Sat, Tarps on Sunday 3 each during
        10-12 hour days.

        > Pics during construction and completed are posted at:
        >
        > http://homepage.mac.com/dbryans/DIYGear/PhotoAlbum1.html
        >
        > (trying out a trial .mac account, so bear with any errors or what-not).
        >
        > Shane "Mirage"...
      • Mirage
        Message 3 of 30 , May 31, 2004
          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Fornshell"
          <bfornshell@y...> wrote:
          > Mirage, I have been thinking about getting .Mac. I would have to
          > upgrade to Mac OS X something as I now run OS 9.1. That means
          buying
          > the newest Mac OS ($100+) and then subscribing to .Mac ($=?). I
          don't
          > have a web page or anything like it and what you did with the Gear
          > Making weekend looks nice. What is the "Journal" feature like?
          > Thanks. Bill

          Honestly, I've only played with the "homepage" feature and while
          it's nice for integration with iPhoto and uploading albums, I've not
          played with the advanced features that let me edit html or upload my
          own html content.

          The "jury" is still out on it for me. The cost is $99.95 for a
          year, which is not bad for hosting and the other features.

          I have a Mac (OSX), WinXP, and Linux based computers at home, all of
          which I use in various forms and manners. I can connect to my .mac
          account from my WinXP and Linux computers via browser and can
          connect to my iDisk data from both as mapped drives as well.

          The trial is 60 days for free, minus some features, so give it a
          shot. I didn't think it required a mac OSX to get an account, only
          to integrate the iLife tools (iPhoto, iDisk, etc...)

          Shane "Mirage"...