Re: [Hammock Camping] OffTopic:PDAsQuestions

    Message 1 of 7 , May 28, 2004
      firefly wrote:

      >When I was the governor's press secretary, we had Blackberrys. They were
      >handy, but the small keyboard drove me nuts because I type super-fast. It
      >was handy for when I was taking a Friday afternoon siesta in my back yard
      >HAMMOCK and critical emails came to the office. Nice covering of my
      >backside, kept me out of trouble.
      >
      >Now, I am setting up my own PR firm and need to make sure I don't miss
      >critical business emails. I was in New Orleans for 3 days and an inquiry
      >came in Saturday to my home PC and I did not see it until Sunday night. This
      >email is on a dial up modem, and I have had the same one for several years,
      >would prefer not to change it. I also have another account, but since this
      >forum has been spammed lately I am not going to say where that is. It is one
      >of the widely used free services.

      For text only email consider PocketMail. If you can limit the number of
      messages you receive, it works OK. The keyboard is just large enough to
      touch type with my size 7 hands.

      I plan to write an owner's review of the device for BGT in the next week
      or two. It works great for journaling on the trail, downloading to any
      phone with a handset (including pay phones) in a few minutes. It does
      come with a price tag: $200 will buy the device and a year's service.

      I protect my pocketmail.com account from getting spammed out by routing
      mail through a forwarding email address.