Upcoming Hike/campout on Chattooga River, SC

  • Ed Speer <info@speerhammocks.com>
    Message 1 of 34 , Feb 13, 2003
      Anyone interested in an easy 10.5 mile hike/campout on the Foothills
      Trail along the Chattooga River in upstate SC Feb 22-23? This is the
      famous Deliverence movie river--very scenic. Hike begins Sat am and
      ends Sun noon. Possible 0.5mi hike to Whitewater Falls (highest
      water fall in eastern US) on Sun afternoon. Expect 20-50 degrees,
      prepare for 0-20, hope for 70. Should have some of my AT thru-hiker
      friends, many without hammocks, for company. This would be a great
      oppurtunity to get some winter hammock hangers together...Ed
      Message 34 of 34 , Feb 21, 2003
        Message
        OK Coy, Looking forward to meeting you guys.  My cell is 828-925-4444, but callers will have to leave me a message.  I'll also have my emailer and can be reached at:  nottoworry@....  Will try to reach you if plans change.  I'm leaving midafternoon  today.  At least the waterfalls should be in full glory....Ed