Re: [Hammock Camping] OffTopic:PDAsQuestions

  • Bruce Calkins
    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2004
      > do I have to pay an additional fee for the wireless service?
      If it connects through your cell phone then your per minutes charges apply,
      (if applicable.) If it has it's own separate wireless connection then YES.
      (And how!)

      > I had a laptop computer when
      There is a difference between laptop's and notebooks. Notebook computers
      are
      smaller, lighter and have fewer built-in features. Things like floppy
      drives connect via. a cable.

      > I checked Cingular's website and the only thing they offer here is another
      > little Blackberry-like thing.
      Keep looking, There are Palm based units that are also cell phones.

      > The organizing features are OK, and I would use them, but mainly, I need
      > mobile email, without another durn monthly bill.
      Many cell phones have text messaging. A bit clumsy for sending E-mail,
      but you could teach your home computer to send selected E-mails to your text
      capable cell phone.