RE: [Hammock Camping] Re: Photos added

  • Chet Clocksin
    Message 1 of 5 , May 24, 2004
      Thanks Coy. The poncho is grey silnylon, which I'm starting to like as far as being stealthy. Wish I could find camo silnylon, but haven't seen any yet. Ya, I'll wear a 1 inch webbing belt to keep the poncho from flapping like crazy. If I wasn't so cheap I would have bought a full width piece of silnylon to make the poncho from, but instead I bought some scrap pieces from a gear maker and pieced it together. It has 3 seams, but I sealed them all with GE silicone 2 sealant, so it shouldn't leak. The poncho has an extension flap in back that folds up on the inside and velcros out of the way when you are wearing it as a poncho, then it folds out to make a tarp almost 10 feet long and 5 feet wide.

      You're right about the tents becoming collectors items!

      Chet