RE: Hammock Camping Outside quilt under hammock...

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13, 2003
      Message
      Glad to hear you had a good trip Hammock Hanger.  How thick is your under quilt again...Ed

      I just got back from my trip, (a few days early cuz we kicked butt!)

      It got down to around 38 and was cold, as we were near the river. I
      used my quilt under the hammock and it surely madde a difference. I
      still needed a pad, I used a windshield reflective pad. The cold
      spots were decreased a grat deal and I was way warmer then my hiking
      partner.  I only had a 45 degree bag and she carried a 0 degree bag.
      I believe that by the quilt being on the outside it didnot get
      compressed as her heavier sleeping bag did.  It rained 2 of the
      nights we were out and I had no problem with the down outside under
      the hammock.

      I figure the same quilt could be made leaving the tubes empty and
      filled with leaves and pine for even less weight.  Just sharing my
      latest experience.

      Hammock Hanger