RE: [Hammock Camping] Breaks State Park, KY

  • firefly
    Message 1 of 3 , May 17, 2004

      Don’t assume the negative without a reason to.

      I don’t know about this park, but in general, I have introduced camping hammocks to several campground hosts, rangers, etc, at various state, federal, and local campgrounds. I always go up to them, say HI, introduce myself, and tell them about the hammock. I tell them it has less impact on the environment than a tent, no hooks in trees, etc. I have NEVER had anybody try to tell me not to hang it, and had an NPS ranger thank me for telling her about it. Another one, with the USFS, asked for the HH website to order one.

      Marsanne

      I get the feeling the campgrounds aren't going to be
      hammock friendly.   Does anyone have any experience
      hammock-camping at the Breaks?   Or KY state parks in
      general?