[Hammock Camping] Re: pictures of tarps

  • sawwhetowl
    Message 1 of 4 , May 17, 2004
      Chet,
      Thanks for the reply. I do have to disagree with your assesment of
      the setup of an 8x10 tarp vs smaller ones. I use an 8x10 and string
      it up about 2 1/2 - 3 feet above my hammock. If the storm is
      particularly heavy and windy I bring the sides in closer. What I end
      up with is something that has reasonable headroom and still gives
      excellent storm protection. Fair room for cooking etc. That said,
      I've found nothing that beats a "flying diamond" configuration for
      livability and storm protection. This is for ground sleeping though.