Re: [Hammock Camping] "Normal" Hammock stands?

  • karens62@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2004
      In a message dated 5/14/2004 11:57:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time, ms@... writes:

      I can't seem to get in a flat position with the stand. I think it's
      because I have it hung too tight, but I have it as loose as it can get
      (my butt touches the bottom bar).

      What you have run into is the inherent issue with using these stands with camping hammocks. They are too short and the ends are too close together to get a decent, really comfortable fit.  The further apart the ends are and the more sag you can get in your hammock, the more comfortable it will be. I have spent many nights with my Speer hammock tied to this type of stand and while it works, it is far from ideal. Try to go find some trees and see if your experiments aren't a bit more successful!

      Karen