"Normal" Hammock stands?

  • matthulbert
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2004
      I've been testing my double-bottom hammock in my Target-bought hammock
      stand in my basement. It's this one:

      <http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=2-4/qid=1084549642/ref=sr_2-4/601-9825108-6548132?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B000068DYA>

      I can't seem to get in a flat position with the stand. I think it's
      because I have it hung too tight, but I have it as loose as it can get
      (my butt touches the bottom bar).

      Does the 1.1 oz nylon stretch a lot? Or the straps (I have Ed's
      webbing)? Or is my stand just too low?

      I made my hammock the 4' width, which I like, but I think my problem
      is the stand.

      I did take the hammock out camping one night, but I used my underquilt
      experiement, which my design has a problem of making it difficult to
      lay properly crosswise.

      My HH doesn't have the problem on the stand, but it's hard to get into!