HH Snake Skins

  • OlympicDreams04@cs.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 10, 2004
      Wow, as ignorant as this makes me feel, how the hell do I use these things?
      They came complimentary with my A-sym Ultralight but I haven't a notion how to
      employ them.
      Golighter
    • upricon
      Message 2 of 3 , May 10, 2004
        As much as like these things I do have one complaint. When I simply
        fold my hammock up flat it takes up little room in my pack. With
        the snakeskins The hammock becomes a bit bulky in side my pack.

        Todd

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, OlympicDreams04@c... wrote:
        > Wow, as ignorant as this makes me feel, how the hell do I use
        these things?
        > They came complimentary with my A-sym Ultralight but I haven't a
        notion how to
        > employ them.
        > Golighter
      • dlfrost_1
        Message 3 of 3 , May 11, 2004
          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, OlympicDreams04@c... wrote:
          > Wow, as ignorant as this makes me feel, how the hell do I use these
          things?
          > They came complimentary with my A-sym Ultralight but I haven't a
          notion how to
          > employ them.
          > Golighter

          As mentioned http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/ has an excellent
          tutorial on the subject. In dry climes/times this works fine. But
          down here in the southern mountains you can catch heat-driven showers
          anytime in the afternoon or evening. So I actually stow the rainfly
          section in a separate syl-ny sack (along with extra line) and
          snakeskin just the hammock. This is much better for deploying in the
          rain. Don't forget to being enough lightweight line so you can pitch
          the fly independently if needed. Without the fly the "skinned"
          hammock is also more packable.

          Doug Frost