hammock bird watching

  • Debra Weisenstein
    Message 1 of 2 , May 10 6:57 AM
      I spend Saturday night hanging in my hammock in the Berkshires on the
      farm where our ATC chairsaw certification course was happening. Had a
      nice campsite by a high field surrounded by woods - slept in the woods
      and spend the evening in the field enjoying the view. In the early
      morning hours while still in the hammock, I heard a small animal moving
      on the ground nearby. It was a black and white warbler hopping on the
      ground within about 3 feet of my hanging position. It didn't notice me,
      even when I peaked over the edge of the hammock. One of the
      pleasures of hammock camping!

      DebW
      Message 2 of 2 , May 10 8:31 AM
        Deb, nice to hear about your encounter with wildlife! I, too have had some
        very memorable encounters while in my hammock--birds like Owls, wrens,
        juncos, turkeys, crows and of course even some unknowns. I once had a wren
        repeatedly hopping around ontop of my hammock beneath the tarp! Many birds
        seem to ignore me when I'm in the hammock, or at least are much less
        bothered. Has anyone else had similar encounters? ...Ed Moderator, Hammock
        Camping-L