RE: [Hammock Camping] Mosquito Free Hammock Bliss & Mosquito Net Cocoon

  • David Chinell
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2004
      Dov:

      I own two of your Single hammocks. I think they are a good
      value, being of high quality and reasonably priced, and I've
      recommended them to several people.

      I've used them for lounging in the back yard and for giving
      beginners a hammock to try out. I've also used the Single
      for quick day hikes, when low temperatures and bugs were not
      an issue, and I when wanted a light, compact package.

      On a few occasions, I've carried a single when I've been on
      an overnight with an HH. I find the simple style hammock
      (also called tropical also called Speer) handier for
      lounging. In wet weather, I've also slung a Single directly
      below my HH for storing my gear under the tarp and above the
      ground.

      Since the hammock is a single layer, it is suitable for Pea
      Pod insulation, or for underslung rigs, like the Garlington
      insulator. However, using a pad requires that it be placed
      inside the hammock, as one would in an HH. This isn't a
      negative feature, just an obvious result of the
      construction. I've never actually used the Single this way.

      I'm interested in both of your new products, and hope I'll
      be able to add them to my collection when funds permit.

      Bear