Re: Mosquito Free Hammock Bliss & Mosquito Net Cocoon

  • ghman777
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2004
      Hey Dov, welcome aboard! A quick Q about your Mosquito Net Cocoon; Is
      the mesh able to keep out no-see-ums? Is it the real fine mesh
      netting?
      Thanx, Bill

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "dovman1" <dovman1@y...> wrote:
      > Ed Speer posted a message on May 1st about his adding our company,
      Hammock Bliss, to
      > his list of Hammock Manufacturers. I spoke to Ed a few weeks ago
      as he has enjoyed our
      > Double Size hammock. He suggested that I join the hammock camping
      yahoo group
      > which I have.
      >
      > We have two new products that might interest many of you. The
      first is called Mosquito
      > Free Hammock Bliss. It is made of nylon parachute material, is 57"
      x 118" and has a
      > mosquito net sewn into one side of the hammock. It has 100 inches
      of rope per side
      > included to hang the hammock and 100 inches of cord to suspend the
      net above the
      > sleeping space. It all fits into an attached stuff sack and weighs
      only 24 oz.

      > Our other new item is called Hammock Bliss Mosquito Net Cocoon.
      This is a mosquito net
      > sized 118" long x 56" high x 56" wide and offers 360 degree bug
      protection for the
      > hammock and occupant inside. It has 100 inches of cord to suspend
      the net, it has its
      > own 8x10 inch attached bag and it weighs only 11oz. This Net
      Cocoon works great with
      > our Hammock Bliss Single or Double size hammock but can also work
      fine with many other
      > hammocks.
      >
      > Ed wanted me to mention that our Hammock Bliss Double is a very
      large 80 inches wide by
      > 118 inches long, again has its own rope and attached stuff sack and
      weights only 21 oz.

      > You can check out any of these hammocks in more detail with
      pictures at
      > www.hammockbliss.com
      >
      > If anyone in the group has used any of the Hammock Bliss hammocks
      please tell us all
      > about your experiences.
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > Dov Frazer
    • David Chinell
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2004
        Dov:

        I own two of your Single hammocks. I think they are a good
        value, being of high quality and reasonably priced, and I've
        recommended them to several people.

        I've used them for lounging in the back yard and for giving
        beginners a hammock to try out. I've also used the Single
        for quick day hikes, when low temperatures and bugs were not
        an issue, and I when wanted a light, compact package.

        On a few occasions, I've carried a single when I've been on
        an overnight with an HH. I find the simple style hammock
        (also called tropical also called Speer) handier for
        lounging. In wet weather, I've also slung a Single directly
        below my HH for storing my gear under the tarp and above the
        ground.

        Since the hammock is a single layer, it is suitable for Pea
        Pod insulation, or for underslung rigs, like the Garlington
        insulator. However, using a pad requires that it be placed
        inside the hammock, as one would in an HH. This isn't a
        negative feature, just an obvious result of the
        construction. I've never actually used the Single this way.

        I'm interested in both of your new products, and hope I'll
        be able to add them to my collection when funds permit.

        Bear