RE: [Hammock Camping] Intro

  • firefly
    Message 1 of 28 , May 3, 2004

      This is GOOD! Thanks. I am saving it to email to anybody having trouble.

      Marsanne

      Last say you have put the free end through both
      loops in the tree hugger strap.  You now have one line going back to
      the hammock (standing line) and another hanging down a few feet. no
      matter which side the free end is on  go over the standing line (the
      one headed back to the hammock) then pull the rope in a C or backward
      C (depending on the side you started on) around the standing line.
      Now go over the C making it an O.  Continue over the place where the
      tree huggers meet, straight down and out to the front again.   You
      now are back to where you were the first time.  Repeat this 3 times
      and it will hold under just about any load

    • Kathy
      Message 2 of 28 , May 3, 2004
        Thanks!  I like details.  I'll let you know how it's coming along.

        Kathy

        Ed Speer <info@...> wrote:
        Kathy, here's a link to our FREE detailed sewing instructions--you should find them useful for making your own hammock from scratch. Best of luck with your project...Ed  Moderator, Hammock Camping-L

        Message 3 of 28 , May 9, 2004
          Kathy wrote:

          > Hello!
          >
          > I'm a hammock camping wannabe. I've been backpacking for six years,
          > here in Indiana and section hiking the AT. I've never been real
          > comfortable on the ground or in a shelter, even with a Thermarest, so
          > I want to give hammocks a try.
          >

          > Anyway, I'm glad I found this group. I'm sure I can learn a lot from
          > all of you.
          >
          > Kathy K
          > aka Ragamuffin
          > Indianapolis

          Welcome Kathy! We all have a lot to learn from one another.

          Rick
        • Kathy
          Message 4 of 28 , May 11, 2004
            Thanks, Rick!   This is a great place to learn from one another.

            Hammock update:  I've gotten the four edges of my new
            hammock hemmed, and will start with the velcro tonight.

            Kathy