RE: [Hammock Camping] Intro

    Message 1 of 28 , May 3 6:31 AM
      Message
      Kathy, here's a link to our FREE detailed sewing instructions--you should find them useful for making your own hammock from scratch. Best of luck with your project...Ed  Moderator, Hammock Camping-L

      Message 2 of 28 , May 3 8:43 AM

        This is GOOD! Thanks. I am saving it to email to anybody having trouble.

        Marsanne

        Last say you have put the free end through both
        loops in the tree hugger strap.  You now have one line going back to
        the hammock (standing line) and another hanging down a few feet. no
        matter which side the free end is on  go over the standing line (the
        one headed back to the hammock) then pull the rope in a C or backward
        C (depending on the side you started on) around the standing line.
        Now go over the C making it an O.  Continue over the place where the
        tree huggers meet, straight down and out to the front again.   You
        now are back to where you were the first time.  Repeat this 3 times
        and it will hold under just about any load

      • Kathy
        Message 3 of 28 , May 3 4:13 PM
          Thanks!  I like details.  I'll let you know how it's coming along.

          Kathy

          Message 4 of 28 , May 9 4:54 AM
            Kathy wrote:

            > Hello!
            >
            > I'm a hammock camping wannabe. I've been backpacking for six years,
            > here in Indiana and section hiking the AT. I've never been real
            > comfortable on the ground or in a shelter, even with a Thermarest, so
            > I want to give hammocks a try.
            >

            > Anyway, I'm glad I found this group. I'm sure I can learn a lot from
            > all of you.
            >
            > Kathy K
            > aka Ragamuffin
            > Indianapolis

            Welcome Kathy! We all have a lot to learn from one another.

            Rick
          • Kathy
            Message 5 of 28 , May 11 5:00 AM
              Thanks, Rick!   This is a great place to learn from one another.

              Hammock update:  I've gotten the four edges of my new
              hammock hemmed, and will start with the velcro tonight.

              Kathy