RE: [Hammock Camping] Mosquito Free Hammock Bliss & Mosquito Net Cocoon

  • firefly
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2 7:02 PM

      I have your double hammock, too, and LOVE it! I have a back yard shade rigged and that’s where I keep it. I made one modification, which was critical. I replaced those small, short ropes with larger ones. Eventually I will replace them with straps.

      Firefly

      Ed Speer posted a message on May 1st about his adding our company, Hammock Bliss, to
      his list of Hammock Manufacturers.  I spoke to Ed a few weeks ago as he has enjoyed our
      Double Size hammock.  He suggested that I join the hammock camping yahoo group
      which I have.

      We have two new products that might interest many of you.  The first is called Mosquito
      Free Hammock Bliss.  It is made of nylon parachute material, is 57" x 118" and has a
      mosquito net sewn into one side of the hammock.  It has 100 inches of rope per side
      included to hang the hammock and 100 inches of cord to suspend the net above the
      sleeping space.  It all fits into an attached stuff sack and weighs only 24 oz.

      Our other new item is called Hammock Bliss Mosquito Net Cocoon.  This is a mosquito net
      sized 118" long x 56" high x 56"  wide and offers 360 degree bug protection for the
      hammock and occupant inside.  It has 100 inches of cord to suspend the net, it has its
      own 8x10 inch attached bag and it weighs only 11oz.  This Net Cocoon works great with
      our Hammock Bliss Single or Double size hammock but can also work fine with many other
      hammocks.

      Ed wanted me to mention that our Hammock Bliss Double is a very large 80 inches wide by
      118 inches long, again has its own rope and attached stuff sack and weights only 21 oz.

      You can check out any of these hammocks in more detail with pictures at
      www.hammockbliss.com

      If anyone in the group has used any of the Hammock Bliss hammocks please tell us all
      about your experiences.

      Cheers

      Dov Frazer

    • ghman777
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3 2:44 PM
        Hey Dov, welcome aboard! A quick Q about your Mosquito Net Cocoon; Is
        the mesh able to keep out no-see-ums? Is it the real fine mesh
        netting?
        Thanx, Bill

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "dovman1" <dovman1@y...> wrote:
        > Ed Speer posted a message on May 1st about his adding our company,
        Hammock Bliss, to
        > his list of Hammock Manufacturers. I spoke to Ed a few weeks ago
        as he has enjoyed our
        > Double Size hammock. He suggested that I join the hammock camping
        yahoo group
        > which I have.
        >
        > We have two new products that might interest many of you. The
        first is called Mosquito
        > Free Hammock Bliss. It is made of nylon parachute material, is 57"
        x 118" and has a
        > mosquito net sewn into one side of the hammock. It has 100 inches
        of rope per side
        > included to hang the hammock and 100 inches of cord to suspend the
        net above the
        > sleeping space. It all fits into an attached stuff sack and weighs
        only 24 oz.

        > Our other new item is called Hammock Bliss Mosquito Net Cocoon.
        This is a mosquito net
        > sized 118" long x 56" high x 56" wide and offers 360 degree bug
        protection for the
        > hammock and occupant inside. It has 100 inches of cord to suspend
        the net, it has its
        > own 8x10 inch attached bag and it weighs only 11oz. This Net
        Cocoon works great with
        > our Hammock Bliss Single or Double size hammock but can also work
        fine with many other
        > hammocks.
        >
        > Ed wanted me to mention that our Hammock Bliss Double is a very
        large 80 inches wide by
        > 118 inches long, again has its own rope and attached stuff sack and
        weights only 21 oz.

        > You can check out any of these hammocks in more detail with
        pictures at
        > www.hammockbliss.com
        >
        > If anyone in the group has used any of the Hammock Bliss hammocks
        please tell us all
        > about your experiences.
        >
        > Cheers
        >
        > Dov Frazer
      • David Chinell
        Message 3 of 5 , May 3 2:48 PM
          Dov:

          I own two of your Single hammocks. I think they are a good
          value, being of high quality and reasonably priced, and I've
          recommended them to several people.

          I've used them for lounging in the back yard and for giving
          beginners a hammock to try out. I've also used the Single
          for quick day hikes, when low temperatures and bugs were not
          an issue, and I when wanted a light, compact package.

          On a few occasions, I've carried a single when I've been on
          an overnight with an HH. I find the simple style hammock
          (also called tropical also called Speer) handier for
          lounging. In wet weather, I've also slung a Single directly
          below my HH for storing my gear under the tarp and above the
          ground.

          Since the hammock is a single layer, it is suitable for Pea
          Pod insulation, or for underslung rigs, like the Garlington
          insulator. However, using a pad requires that it be placed
          inside the hammock, as one would in an HH. This isn't a
          negative feature, just an obvious result of the
          construction. I've never actually used the Single this way.

          I'm interested in both of your new products, and hope I'll
          be able to add them to my collection when funds permit.

          Bear