RE: [Hammock Camping] Mosquito Free Hammock Bliss & Mosquito Net Cocoon

    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2004
      Welcome Dov--very glad to have you with us. I know there are some Hammock
      Bliss users on the List and I hope they'll let you know. To you Hammock
      Bliss users--here's your chance to quiz the designer and manufacturer, just
      be as nice to him as you are to me....Ed Moderator, Hammock Camping-L

    • firefly

        Message 3 of 5 , May 3, 2004
          Hey Dov, welcome aboard! A quick Q about your Mosquito Net Cocoon; Is
          the mesh able to keep out no-see-ums? Is it the real fine mesh
          netting?
          Thanx, Bill

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "dovman1" <dovman1@y...> wrote:
          > Ed Speer posted a message on May 1st about his adding our company,
          Hammock Bliss, to
          > his list of Hammock Manufacturers. I spoke to Ed a few weeks ago
          as he has enjoyed our
          > Double Size hammock. He suggested that I join the hammock camping
          yahoo group
          > which I have.
          >
          > We have two new products that might interest many of you. The
          first is called Mosquito
          > Free Hammock Bliss. It is made of nylon parachute material, is 57"
          x 118" and has a
          > mosquito net sewn into one side of the hammock. It has 100 inches
          of rope per side
          > included to hang the hammock and 100 inches of cord to suspend the
          net above the
          > sleeping space. It all fits into an attached stuff sack and weighs
          only 24 oz.

          > Our other new item is called Hammock Bliss Mosquito Net Cocoon.
          This is a mosquito net
          > sized 118" long x 56" high x 56" wide and offers 360 degree bug
          protection for the
          > hammock and occupant inside. It has 100 inches of cord to suspend
          the net, it has its
          > own 8x10 inch attached bag and it weighs only 11oz. This Net
          Cocoon works great with
          > our Hammock Bliss Single or Double size hammock but can also work
          fine with many other
          > hammocks.
          >
          > Ed wanted me to mention that our Hammock Bliss Double is a very
          large 80 inches wide by
          > 118 inches long, again has its own rope and attached stuff sack and
          weights only 21 oz.

          > You can check out any of these hammocks in more detail with
          pictures at
          > www.hammockbliss.com
          >
          > If anyone in the group has used any of the Hammock Bliss hammocks
          please tell us all
          > about your experiences.
          >
          > Cheers
          >
          > Dov Frazer
        • David Chinell
          Message 4 of 5 , May 3, 2004
            Dov:

            I own two of your Single hammocks. I think they are a good
            value, being of high quality and reasonably priced, and I've
            recommended them to several people.

            I've used them for lounging in the back yard and for giving
            beginners a hammock to try out. I've also used the Single
            for quick day hikes, when low temperatures and bugs were not
            an issue, and I when wanted a light, compact package.

            On a few occasions, I've carried a single when I've been on
            an overnight with an HH. I find the simple style hammock
            (also called tropical also called Speer) handier for
            lounging. In wet weather, I've also slung a Single directly
            below my HH for storing my gear under the tarp and above the
            ground.

            Since the hammock is a single layer, it is suitable for Pea
            Pod insulation, or for underslung rigs, like the Garlington
            insulator. However, using a pad requires that it be placed
            inside the hammock, as one would in an HH. This isn't a
            negative feature, just an obvious result of the
            construction. I've never actually used the Single this way.

            I'm interested in both of your new products, and hope I'll
            be able to add them to my collection when funds permit.

            Bear