Mosquito Free Hammock Bliss & Mosquito Net Cocoon

  • dovman1
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2004
      Ed Speer posted a message on May 1st about his adding our company, Hammock Bliss, to
      his list of Hammock Manufacturers. I spoke to Ed a few weeks ago as he has enjoyed our
      Double Size hammock. He suggested that I join the hammock camping yahoo group
      which I have.

      We have two new products that might interest many of you. The first is called Mosquito
      Free Hammock Bliss. It is made of nylon parachute material, is 57" x 118" and has a
      mosquito net sewn into one side of the hammock. It has 100 inches of rope per side
      included to hang the hammock and 100 inches of cord to suspend the net above the
      sleeping space. It all fits into an attached stuff sack and weighs only 24 oz.

      Our other new item is called Hammock Bliss Mosquito Net Cocoon. This is a mosquito net
      sized 118" long x 56" high x 56" wide and offers 360 degree bug protection for the
      hammock and occupant inside. It has 100 inches of cord to suspend the net, it has its
      own 8x10 inch attached bag and it weighs only 11oz. This Net Cocoon works great with
      our Hammock Bliss Single or Double size hammock but can also work fine with many other
      hammocks.

      Ed wanted me to mention that our Hammock Bliss Double is a very large 80 inches wide by
      118 inches long, again has its own rope and attached stuff sack and weights only 21 oz.

      You can check out any of these hammocks in more detail with pictures at
      www.hammockbliss.com

      If anyone in the group has used any of the Hammock Bliss hammocks please tell us all
      about your experiences.

      Cheers

      Dov Frazer
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2004
        Welcome Dov--very glad to have you with us. I know there are some Hammock
        Bliss users on the List and I hope they'll let you know. To you Hammock
        Bliss users--here's your chance to quiz the designer and manufacturer, just
        be as nice to him as you are to me....Ed Moderator, Hammock Camping-L

      • firefly

          Message 4 of 5 , May 3, 2004
            Hey Dov, welcome aboard! A quick Q about your Mosquito Net Cocoon; Is
            the mesh able to keep out no-see-ums? Is it the real fine mesh
            netting?
            Thanx, Bill

            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "dovman1" <dovman1@y...> wrote:
            > Ed Speer posted a message on May 1st about his adding our company,
            Hammock Bliss, to
            > his list of Hammock Manufacturers. I spoke to Ed a few weeks ago
            as he has enjoyed our
            > Double Size hammock. He suggested that I join the hammock camping
            yahoo group
            > which I have.
            >
            > We have two new products that might interest many of you. The
            first is called Mosquito
            > Free Hammock Bliss. It is made of nylon parachute material, is 57"
            x 118" and has a
            > mosquito net sewn into one side of the hammock. It has 100 inches
            of rope per side
            > included to hang the hammock and 100 inches of cord to suspend the
            net above the
            > sleeping space. It all fits into an attached stuff sack and weighs
            only 24 oz.

            > Our other new item is called Hammock Bliss Mosquito Net Cocoon.
            This is a mosquito net
            > sized 118" long x 56" high x 56" wide and offers 360 degree bug
            protection for the
            > hammock and occupant inside. It has 100 inches of cord to suspend
            the net, it has its
            > own 8x10 inch attached bag and it weighs only 11oz. This Net
            Cocoon works great with
            > our Hammock Bliss Single or Double size hammock but can also work
            fine with many other
            > hammocks.
            >
            > Ed wanted me to mention that our Hammock Bliss Double is a very
            large 80 inches wide by
            > 118 inches long, again has its own rope and attached stuff sack and
            weights only 21 oz.

            > You can check out any of these hammocks in more detail with
            pictures at
            > www.hammockbliss.com
            >
            > If anyone in the group has used any of the Hammock Bliss hammocks
            please tell us all
            > about your experiences.
            >
            > Cheers
            >
            > Dov Frazer
          • David Chinell
            Message 5 of 5 , May 3, 2004
              Dov:

              I own two of your Single hammocks. I think they are a good
              value, being of high quality and reasonably priced, and I've
              recommended them to several people.

              I've used them for lounging in the back yard and for giving
              beginners a hammock to try out. I've also used the Single
              for quick day hikes, when low temperatures and bugs were not
              an issue, and I when wanted a light, compact package.

              On a few occasions, I've carried a single when I've been on
              an overnight with an HH. I find the simple style hammock
              (also called tropical also called Speer) handier for
              lounging. In wet weather, I've also slung a Single directly
              below my HH for storing my gear under the tarp and above the
              ground.

              Since the hammock is a single layer, it is suitable for Pea
              Pod insulation, or for underslung rigs, like the Garlington
              insulator. However, using a pad requires that it be placed
              inside the hammock, as one would in an HH. This isn't a
              negative feature, just an obvious result of the
              construction. I've never actually used the Single this way.

              I'm interested in both of your new products, and hope I'll
              be able to add them to my collection when funds permit.

              Bear