Moutain Laurel Designs Silnylon Tarp (ebay-Ron Bell)

  • jlevans7
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2004
      Product Description:
      Moutain Laurel Designs (ebay-Ron Bell)
      Light Grey Silnylon Tarp
      9ft 6 in by 9ft 3in (just under 13 ft in length on the diagonal)
      wt. after seam sealing = 16 oz.
      16 perimeter tie outs
      2 extra tie outs along the internal ridge line
      4 extra tie outs centered on the body of the tarp
      link to picture of tarp--
      http://www.whiteblaze.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/3233/password/0/
      sort/1/size/big/cat/500/page/
      I ordered the tarp on Wednesday. The tarp was made on Thursday and
      shipped on Friday. Ron included a very nice silnylon stuff sack for
      the tarp, 40 feet of kelvar cord, and a stake sack. Attention to
      detail, stiching, workmanship and customer service were excellent.
      Price was 94 dollars with shipping.
      Field report: The night I used the tarp at Apple House shelter there
      were 20 to 30 mph wind gusts. I pitched the tarp in the "diamond"
      configuration over my hammock and used one of the body tie outs, on
      the up-wind-side, to prevent excessive "flapping". We experienced a
      stead rain that night. My hiking partner and I were able to eat our
      supper under the tarp, in the rain, with plenty of room. The extra
      room provided by this tarp provided a dry sleeping area for another
      hiker that night. It rained all night and we were both dry the next
      morning. I used the tarp on two other nights during my recent section
      hike, both in windy conditions. I was able to use the multiple tie-
      outs on this tarp to reduce "tarp-noise aka flapping". These tie-outs
      also allow for multiple ground-use configurations