Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: European stealth camping

    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2004
      Per-Arne Asp wrote:

      >Hi hangers.
      >
      >Here in Sweden (northen Europe) we have an ancient informal 'law'
      >called 'all mens right'.
      >
      >This ensures you to stay one (1) night on whatever property you want,
      >private or not, as long as you do it out of sight of houses, not in a
      >fenced area etc. You are free to pick berries, mushroms, fallen
      >branches etc for immediate use. There are of course also several
      >responsibilities connected to this
      >set of rights but if you camp according to the 'leave no trace'
      >program then you're safe...

      Now that is a concept! I really wish we had something similar.

      BTW, for our european members, are all those lovely forests in Germany
      open to that sort of LNT stealth camping?

      Rick
    • Per-Arne Asp
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2004
        Regarding my post on 'all mens right':

        There are some areas where this right is not applicable:
        In some fragile national parks and in most wildlife protection areas.

        As for Ricks question on german forests I have not a clue... maybe
        our german friends on this list (if any) can enlight us?

        Now going for an overnight hammock trip! Spring has arrived (or is it
        summer), very warm and sunny (approx 20* C ~ 68* F).

        /p-a