Re: hiking trip

  • Coy
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 29, 2004
      then just hike fast and catch up!!!

      Coy Boy
      PS I'm seriously thinking of starting at the Cosby Campground
      parking area. Good place to park and leave a vehicle. Hiking out
      of the park on day one thus avoiding needing to worry with permits.
      Another possibility is to start at Newfound Gap and just hike down
      the side trails a little ways at night to avoid the shelters. Only
      the designated camps tend to be several miles off the AT. Another
      possibility woiuld be to hike From NFG to Hughs Ridge Trail then
      conitinuing on around on the various trails around the base of the
      mountains till hooking back onto the AT at Davenport. Its about 10
      miles total to hike up to the AT from Cosby, continue north on the
      AT and get out of the park. How far is it to Hot Springs from
      Davenport? Does the AT run close to the HotSprings Campground? If
      my wife dont show, could I pay sombody for a ride (Cody and I) back
      to Cosby. Hopefully someone headed back in that direction?