RE: [Hammock Camping] Women

  • firefly
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 26, 2004

      This is not appropriate for this group. Once we start with politics, it can end up in arguments, spiraling out of control. PLEASE DO NOT POST THIS KIND OF THING. Ed, please take action.

      Firefly

      Women in Islam
      Sexual Politics
      Imagine this scenario, for it is real: two antagonists locked in a grim power struggle. And another: two or more other competitors, rivals in a race for high stakes, a race to determine the course of their entire life. At race's end, the prizes for winning include compliments, telling glances, and First Prize, a wedding ring. Unwanted "prizes" along the way may include physical assault, countless violations of body and soul. The protagonists of these scenarios are all around us; they are modern man and modern woman, and woman vs. woman. From time immemorial, against this harsh horizon of human relations, the "battle of the sexes" has raged. But never has "Sexual Politics been so virulent as today. Feminism becomes polarization along gender barriers. To offset increased competition for a mate, extreme nudity splashes itself unchecked. Fear and suspicion on both sides lurk; commitments are tepid, or all too fragile.
      Sexual Balance

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 26, 2004
        I certainly agree FireFly! The author has been removed from our
        group, bared from rejoining and the post has been deleted from our
        archives....Ed

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "firefly" <firefly@e...> wrote:
        > This is not appropriate for this group. Once we start with
        politics, it can
        > end up in arguments, spiraling out of control. PLEASE DO NOT POST
        THIS KIND
        > OF THING. Ed, please take action.
        > Firefly
        >

        > Women in Islam
        > Sexual Politics
      • Douglas Kitchen
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 26, 2004
          Amazing I get this propaganda on my Hammock camping e-mail, yet not one of these wimpering Moslems will stand up and disclaim the radical agenda of AlQueda, grow balls stand up for what you believe to your own ruthless killers of women and children. Then preach to me scum bag. I'm not the one perverting your sacred Islam. It's your own kind. Preach this Klingon nonsense to them.

          Where is the moderator to let this stuff through?

          Women in Islam
          Sexual Politics
        • Shane
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 26, 2004
            > Where is the moderator to let this stuff through?

            HammockCamping is an open group. Anyone can join and post. The Moderator
            can only quash it after it happens. Such is the price for freedom, eh?

            The best thing to do in such cases is just not respond at all and the Mod in
            charge (in this case, Ed) will quash it in short order...

            Shane