HungBugNet

  • Risk
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25 1:52 PM
      I had another night using DebW's designed net. Last night was
      somewhat windy and I made an improvement that works in 15mph wind.

      I have to have a name to refer to this thing, as shorthand... I
      coined the HungBugNet Deb... Do you have something else you would
      prefer?

      I sewed a pocket on each side on the inside surface of the net. I can
      put sandals, or pocket contents in those pockets. This really holds
      the net against the side of the hammock well, creating a good seal.
      The ends are held closed by the last little bit of the hammock tubes,
      pulled down over the overhand knots.

      This is a very workable solution for bug protection for those who
      prefer not to use velcro in a hammock. It also makes it easier and
      less expensive to build a Speer Hammock. I like being able to remove
      the net, unlike my QuarterWeight hammock. I also like the ability to
      get in the hammock from either edge, wearing each one evenly.

      Advantages of the "velcroless" design: It makes it much quieter to
      get up in the middle of the night (no velcro ripping sound.) There is
      no velcro to get caught on fragile nylon fabric.