(no subject)

  • rosaleen43@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22, 2004
      Hi, All!

      Bear asked that I let him know when I next would be visiting my parents in Sarasota, Florida.

      Well, my parents have sold their house and I will be helping them pack before they move to Ohio.  I expect this could be my last trip there for a few years.  I will bring my hammock and some minimal gear for one final try at camping in the area.  Something has always been in the way before, but this time I will have a pre-planned night out with friends, not a nebulous "I'd like to backpack a couple of days in Myakka."

      Therefore, I submit to you all an invitation to "hang out" for a night or two in Little Manatee River State Park.  Bear is reserving the primitive site for April 30 and May 1.  It is good for 4 people.  If more are interested, we may have to look for a larger spot.  Whether we actually use both nights or just one will depend on who can make what night.  I will likely stick with one night, as this is another trip intended to help Mom and Dad.  If you are up for a night in the park, sharing talk and checking out each other's backpacking gear, please E-mail me.  before April 27.  (I have an earfly flight April 29.)

      Cheers!

      Rosaleen