Re: [Hammock Camping] Newbie with "Duh" question

  • Mirage
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 20 10:15 PM
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Steinkamp" <shane@t...> wrote:
      > > Do all of you out there recommend the Hennessey?
      [snip]...
      > For where I am - lots of heat
      > and bugs - I think that Hennessys are the best choice for me. If you're
      > going to do a lot of cold weather camping, you will want a Speer hammock
      > most likely.
      >
      > Shane

      I tend to agree with Shane here. I own a HH Expedition Asym, a cotton Mayan net, a
      homemade speer and one made as rick's double bottom version (or had, till I cut it up
      this last weekend to experiment with, but thats another, sad/funny story), and a few
      of my own experiments.

      I think for summer conditions where bugs are a factor, I will continue to use the HH,
      but for all others, one of the speer/my own design will be more functional and
      adaptable to cooler and wetter conditions.

      For home/backyard summer use, I still prefer my Mayan style cotton net hammock. I
      slept in one fo nearly 3 months in Venezuela, and LOVED it. I even discovered a way
      to flip over the entire hammock, while still in it, so I could sleep on my stomach. Yes,
      the open "slit" was below me while I was face down to the floor, asleep. Not
      recommended for tight weave fabric hammocks like the 1.1oz of 1.9oz ripstop.

      Anyway, long story short, they all serve different purposes with many overlapping
      feature sets that make the answer to your question a personal one needing research ;)

      Hows that for a PC "non-answer".

      Shane "Mirage"