Re: TNF Nuptse dowm blanket

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 19, 2004
      I bought two of the down blankets off e-bay. One for insulating a
      mild weather underquilt. The other to be converted into a bivy
      sack. I plan to sew velcro around the edge to allow quick assembly,
      but didn't have time to do it for this weekends campout at Quantico,
      VA. Estimate that the low for the night was around 50 degrees with
      very little wind. Started out laying on the much venerated Target
      blue pad. Used a fleece zip bag around 1 AM and had the quilt laid
      out on the side next to me inside my HH Asym. Around 5 AM the
      coolness overcame sleep, so I flipped the quilt over me and tucked it
      around the fleece bag. Easy to work with since it isn't that wide,
      and I was snug and warm in a few minutes. The bag that the quilt
      comes in, when turned inside out, is fleece lined and makes a very
      comfortable pillow.

      The rest of my attire that evening was running shorts, coolmax long
      sleeve shirt and a nylon pullover golf jacket.

      Tom in Virginia Beach

      PS. Don't have a scale that will weigh the blanket, sorry.