Re: Hammock in Rocky Mtn NP

  • Alan Miller
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 18 6:02 PM
      Tom
      I went on a short fishing trip in RMNP late last June. Hiked up to
      Finch and Pear Lake then hit too much snow to go any further. I was
      glad I had my Hennesy Hammock so I did not have to sleep on the
      ground. I try to keep my base back weight to around 12 lbs so used
      part of a thermarest Z pad under my butt to shoulders and a thin and
      light car window shade under that keeps my feet warm. On top was a
      home made polarguard quilt. I wore my base layer shirt, microfleece
      100 zip up shirt, fleece vest, light polargard sweater, fleece hat,
      lycra pants and warm socks. I was very comfortable and warm. Temp
      was probably in the high 30's to low 40's.
      We had a lot of snow last March but not much this year, however
      Longs and Meeker Peak have a lot of snow on them right now. I don't
      usually hike the park much as areas just outside have little use but
      the permit systems keeps the trail use down.
      Enjoy
      Alan
      -- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Palmer" <boydpalmer@y...>