Re: Underquilt seams -- double sided tape?

  • Mirage
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15, 2004
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Mirage" <mirage@p...> wrote:
      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, ptoddf@a... wrote:
      >
      > > I'm going to order and make a down test pillow with 2 baffles.
      > Everything
      > > taped, no sewing at all. I want to sleep on it and kick it around
      > > to see if this is too good to be true or what.
      >
      > You might want to try it with something other than down first.
      It'd
      > make a real nasty mess to clean up if it really BLOWs out. Down
      > every where for ever...
      >
      > The other concern would be weight, but be sure to let us know how
      it
      > works out.
      >
      > Shane "Mirage"...

      I did a little math and based on thier published specs (0.5lb/55yds)
      I come up with 0.145oz/yd (1/2" widths)

      So if we assume it will be used on a full length Speer hammock for
      whatever reason, it would add 0.479oz to the overall weight.

      Anyone know of a way to calculate thread weight? Anyone care ;)

      On and 11ft. tarp, using this as the center seam bonding agent, it
      would add 0.483 to the wieght.

      Interesting info. Seems worth trying at least.

      Shane "Mirage"...