Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Dogs and synthetic bags

  • Dick Matthews
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 12, 2004
      Jennifer,

      I have no intent to penalize any pet or person. I would like the
      authority to write moving vehicle violations, but that is a different
      topic.

      Just like drivers I expect pet owners to obey the existing rules. In some
      National Parks that means no dogs, in Wilderness (big W) areas that means
      on a leash all the time, not just when you see other hikers, there are not
      many rules in National Forests and I am OK with that. I hike with some
      friends that bring their dogs. I really don't think it is asking too much
      to follow the rules. If the rules are not necessary try to get them
      changed, but do not ignore them.

      All the dog behaviors I described were in places that require leashes.

      Dick Matthews
      - 99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.