Re: a change of subject

  • Ralph Oborn
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2004
      one ounce of fluid weighs about one ounce of weight. Good
      observation.

      Ralph

      To continue the discussion, I'm sure lots of experienced people
      disagree about keeping urine warm, it doesn't really matter. If
      someone wants to argue the thermodynamics, I'm game, this is getting
      to sound like a religious discussion. :]

      Everybody agrees if you are uncomfortable you aren't sleeping. So
      go before you go to bed, Go in the middle of the night if you need
      to. Have a snack and do a couple of jumping jacks to warm up before
      you climb back to bed.

      Thats all Ralph

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Francois" <franczazou@h...>

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2004

        PS: about that bladder thing, have you ever thought about how much
        weight you're saving by urinating frequently?  We once weinnies
        should stop to pee every 5 min.!

        I have been laughing at all the responses your question brought up Coy...

        I don't know how it is for anyone else.  For me, primary importance in the middle of the night is to sleep.  I can't sleep if I am cold.  I can't sleep if I need to pee.  Getting up to pee does not get me too cold and I warm up fast.

        Getting up from a hammock is a LOT easier than getting up and out of a tent.  Even at -10 F, it was not too cold to get up twice to do the necessary.

        If I am too cold to get up and pee, I will not go back to sleep.  That will be a very bad night indeed.

        All other reasoning seems to be useless unless it helps me to get back to sleep.  (Which it might)