RE: [Hammock Camping] answering natures call and staying warm.

  • firefly
    Message 1 of 44 , Apr 3, 2004
      By the notation on my computer, this discussion went on until nearly
      midnight last night. PATHETIC that all y'all had to do on a nice Friday
      night was sit at the computer talking about this. I hope you all used the
      bathroom before you went to bed.... LOLOLOLOL!
      Marsanne

      (Wondering why anybody would put up with needing to pee in the middle of the
      night and not getting up to relieve themselves. I did that ONCE, but it was
      in Zero degree weather, in January. I was already miserable because of an
      inadequate bag.)
    • David Chinell
      Message 44 of 44 , Apr 8, 2004
        Franc:

        I have no direct experience of the conversion kit. Based on
        what I've read and heard, the kit accomplishes two things.
        First, it lets you wear the liner while you're wearing the
        poncho. Second, it converts the liner into a zippered
        sleeping bag.

        I've never tried to use the poncho as a sleeping bag. I use
        it only in a hammock, and have given up putting anything
        between me and the hammock that can be compressed.

        It's certainly large enough to make a bag. It has tieout
        straps all around the edges, so in a pinch you could tie it
        into a bag and sleep with the open seam down. At least that
        would let you try it out as a bag.

        Bear