Re: [Hammock Camping] answering natures call and staying warm.

  • Debra Weisenstein
    Message 1 of 44 , Apr 3, 2004
      If I had the right fonts in this mailer, I'd write down the
      differential equation for heat loss. The change in temperature with
      time is proportional to the spatial temperature gradient. Therefore
      the answer is No, it does not take energy to keep urine warm inside
      your body, because there is no temperature gradient to cool the urine
      (assuming your entire body inside the skin is at constant temperature,
      which is probably not exactly true).

      DebW

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ralph Oborn" <polecatpop@y...>
      wrote:
      > Not True!!!
      > The stuff is already at body temp and requires no energy to
      > maintain.
    • David Chinell
      Message 44 of 44 , Apr 8, 2004
        Franc:

        I have no direct experience of the conversion kit. Based on
        what I've read and heard, the kit accomplishes two things.
        First, it lets you wear the liner while you're wearing the
        poncho. Second, it converts the liner into a zippered
        sleeping bag.

        I've never tried to use the poncho as a sleeping bag. I use
        it only in a hammock, and have given up putting anything
        between me and the hammock that can be compressed.

        It's certainly large enough to make a bag. It has tieout
        straps all around the edges, so in a pinch you could tie it
        into a bag and sleep with the open seam down. At least that
        would let you try it out as a bag.

        Bear