RE: [Hammock Camping] answering natures call and staying warm.

  • firefly
    Message 1 of 44 , Apr 2, 2004
      Not a scientist. Don't care why it is true. OK. I do. Let's see...you're
      using muscles to hold it in. That requires energy. At least, it does in
      women. Maybe you men can really just tie a knot? Never seen one who can, BUT
      I REMAIN EVER HOPEFUL! (This is what happens when you ask me questions when
      I have been drinking wine...I have been on this list for more than a year.
      You should have seen this coming....)
      Marsanne

      why is it true? just wondering

      Coy Boy
    • David Chinell
      Message 44 of 44 , Apr 8, 2004
        Franc:

        I have no direct experience of the conversion kit. Based on
        what I've read and heard, the kit accomplishes two things.
        First, it lets you wear the liner while you're wearing the
        poncho. Second, it converts the liner into a zippered
        sleeping bag.

        I've never tried to use the poncho as a sleeping bag. I use
        it only in a hammock, and have given up putting anything
        between me and the hammock that can be compressed.

        It's certainly large enough to make a bag. It has tieout
        straps all around the edges, so in a pinch you could tie it
        into a bag and sleep with the open seam down. At least that
        would let you try it out as a bag.

        Bear