Re: [Hammock Camping] answering natures call and staying warm.

  • Coy
    Message 1 of 44 , Apr 2, 2004
      and then you get to step out into... the next morning!

      Coy Boy

      -- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Harper"

      http://www.backpacker.com/gear/sleepingbags/article/0,8136,242,00.htm

      > Background. Backbreaker states for a fact that answereing
      natures
      > call saves body heat. That holding it in waste energy
      > heating/keeping warm bladder contents. Isn't it already warm
      > though? Probably a good idea as for as resting comfortable...
      but
      > is the statment true, partially true or it depends? Any
      volenteers
      > for a scientific study? Best of both worlds.... pea in bottle
      and
      > place inside bag untill all heat is extracted. Comments?
      >
      > Coy Boy

      of Service.
    • David Chinell
      Message 44 of 44 , Apr 8, 2004
        Franc:

        I have no direct experience of the conversion kit. Based on
        what I've read and heard, the kit accomplishes two things.
        First, it lets you wear the liner while you're wearing the
        poncho. Second, it converts the liner into a zippered
        sleeping bag.

        I've never tried to use the poncho as a sleeping bag. I use
        it only in a hammock, and have given up putting anything
        between me and the hammock that can be compressed.

        It's certainly large enough to make a bag. It has tieout
        straps all around the edges, so in a pinch you could tie it
        into a bag and sleep with the open seam down. At least that
        would let you try it out as a bag.

        Bear