RE: [Hammock Camping] answering natures call and staying warm.

  • Patrick Harper
    Message 1 of 44 , Apr 2, 2004
      That's the beauty of HH... you can 'down periscope'!

      Message 44 of 44 , Apr 8, 2004
        Franc:

        I have no direct experience of the conversion kit. Based on
        what I've read and heard, the kit accomplishes two things.
        First, it lets you wear the liner while you're wearing the
        poncho. Second, it converts the liner into a zippered
        sleeping bag.

        I've never tried to use the poncho as a sleeping bag. I use
        it only in a hammock, and have given up putting anything
        between me and the hammock that can be compressed.

        It's certainly large enough to make a bag. It has tieout
        straps all around the edges, so in a pinch you could tie it
        into a bag and sleep with the open seam down. At least that
        would let you try it out as a bag.

        Bear