RE: [Hammock Camping] Exped wallcreeper PL

  • David Chinell
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2004
      Jamie:

      I've owned the medium-sized, synthetic fill Wallcreeper for
      two years now. It's as Chet described, somewhat narrow at
      the chest when you have your arms inside. Being of small
      stature (although of runaway girth) it works for me.

      I doubt that the medium size would work as a peapod. Being
      so narrow, you'd be putting an awful strain on the zipper.

      It does work as a boxy down vest, as advertised. I also use
      it as a quilt, and it works just fine that way too.

      Bear

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2004
        Thanks Chet. I will have to look into it further before I decide.
        Wehre I hike, I think a outter peapod style cover that goes down to
        about freezing would be enough.

        Jamie in az

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Chet Clocksin"
        <cclocksin@b...> wrote:
        > Yes, I did use it as a peapod and it works great. I have the Goose
        down
        > model, and it is rated at "32 F comfort / 23 F extreme" I have
        noticed many
        > of the web sites that sell the Wallcreeper get the specs mixed up
        between
        > the Down model and the PL model. I have the large size, and its
        huge. I
        > originally bought the medium size, but then returned it, not
        because of the
        > length, which was fine, but because it was a little tight around my
        chest
        > with my arms pulled inside. I am 5' 11", and 225lbs. The size
        difference is
        > striking between the bags. The large size has a girth at the
        shoulders of 75
        > inches, girth at the foot of 67 inches, and length of 102 inches.
        The medium
        > has shoulder girth of 59 in., foot girth at 51 in., and length of
        84 inches.
        > The large size makes a great peapod, but I did not try the meduim
        as a
        > peapod. Listed weight is 39 oz, but mine weighs in at 45 oz.
        >
        > Chet

        Service.