RE: [Hammock Camping] Exped wallcreeper PL

  • Chet Clocksin
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2004
      Yes, I did use it as a peapod and it works great. I have the Goose down model, and it is rated at "32 F comfort / 23 F extreme" I have noticed many of the web sites that sell the Wallcreeper get the specs mixed up between the Down model and the PL model. I have the large size, and its huge. I originally bought the medium size, but then returned it, not because of the length, which was fine, but because it was a little tight around my chest with my arms pulled inside. I am 5' 11", and 225lbs. The size difference is striking between the bags. The large size has a girth at the shoulders of 75 inches, girth at the foot of 67 inches, and length of 102 inches. The medium has shoulder girth of 59 in., foot girth at 51 in., and length of 84 inches. The large size makes a great peapod, but I did not try the meduim as a peapod. Listed weight is 39 oz, but mine weighs in at 45 oz.

      Chet
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2004
        Jamie:

        I've owned the medium-sized, synthetic fill Wallcreeper for
        two years now. It's as Chet described, somewhat narrow at
        the chest when you have your arms inside. Being of small
        stature (although of runaway girth) it works for me.

        I doubt that the medium size would work as a peapod. Being
        so narrow, you'd be putting an awful strain on the zipper.

        It does work as a boxy down vest, as advertised. I also use
        it as a quilt, and it works just fine that way too.

        Bear

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 2, 2004
          Thanks Chet. I will have to look into it further before I decide.
          Wehre I hike, I think a outter peapod style cover that goes down to
          about freezing would be enough.

          <cclocksin@b...> wrote:
          > Yes, I did use it as a peapod and it works great. I have the Goose
          down
          > model, and it is rated at "32 F comfort / 23 F extreme" I have
          noticed many
          > of the web sites that sell the Wallcreeper get the specs mixed up
          between
          > the Down model and the PL model. I have the large size, and its
          huge. I
          > originally bought the medium size, but then returned it, not
          because of the
          > length, which was fine, but because it was a little tight around my
          chest
          > with my arms pulled inside. I am 5' 11", and 225lbs. The size
          difference is
          > striking between the bags. The large size has a girth at the
          shoulders of 75
          > inches, girth at the foot of 67 inches, and length of 102 inches.
          The medium
          > has shoulder girth of 59 in., foot girth at 51 in., and length of
          84 inches.
          > The large size makes a great peapod, but I did not try the meduim
          as a
          > peapod. Listed weight is 39 oz, but mine weighs in at 45 oz.
          >
          > Chet

          Service.