Exped wallcreeper PL

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1 3:04 PM
      Does anyone own or know much about this sleeping bag?

      It looks very interesting because you can lounge around camp in it
      too and save some weight on clothing.

      http://www.exped.com

      jamie in az
    • Chet Clocksin
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1 3:36 PM
        Jamie, check out my pics of my Wallcreeper in the photo section, in the folder "Chet's home made". I have the Exped Down Wallcreeper. I think its going to be an awesome bag, though I've only used it for one overnight in my hammock. The Pertex shell did a great job of keeping the bag dry. When I woke up, everything was soaking wet with dew, including the outside of my wallcreeper, but it was totally dry inside, and did not lose any loft.

        Chet
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1 9:46 PM
          Chet,
          HAve you used it as the peapod yet? I was thinking about this also.
          I don't know if I can justify the weight for it just as a 40 F bag
          inside. I would have to have the large since I'm 5'11" and it comes
          in at 2 lbs 13oz. I have a 20 F that weighs 2 oz less than that. I
          do like that you can wear it though.

          The Ecotat thing made me start looking for stuff like this. I saw
          Mr. Speers option too. I realy like this idea of being able to wear
          it. It's very muti pupose and practicle to me.

          jamie in az

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Chet Clocksin"
          <cclocksin@b...> wrote:
          > Jamie, check out my pics of my Wallcreeper in the photo section, in
          the
          > folder "Chet's home made". I have the Exped Down Wallcreeper. I
          think its
          > going to be an awesome bag, though I've only used it for one
          overnight in my
          > hammock. The Pertex shell did a great job of keeping the bag dry.
          When I
          > woke up, everything was soaking wet with dew, including the outside
          of my
          > wallcreeper, but it was totally dry inside, and did not lose any
          loft.

          > Chet
        • Chet Clocksin
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2 3:53 AM
            Yes, I did use it as a peapod and it works great. I have the Goose down model, and it is rated at "32 F comfort / 23 F extreme" I have noticed many of the web sites that sell the Wallcreeper get the specs mixed up between the Down model and the PL model. I have the large size, and its huge. I originally bought the medium size, but then returned it, not because of the length, which was fine, but because it was a little tight around my chest with my arms pulled inside. I am 5' 11", and 225lbs. The size difference is striking between the bags. The large size has a girth at the shoulders of 75 inches, girth at the foot of 67 inches, and length of 102 inches. The medium has shoulder girth of 59 in., foot girth at 51 in., and length of 84 inches. The large size makes a great peapod, but I did not try the meduim as a peapod. Listed weight is 39 oz, but mine weighs in at 45 oz.

            <cclocksin@b...> wrote:
            > Jamie, check out my pics of my Wallcreeper in the photo section, in
            the
            > folder "Chet's home made". I have the Exped Down Wallcreeper. I
            think its
            > going to be an awesome bag, though I've only used it for one
            overnight in my
            > hammock. The Pertex shell did a great job of keeping the bag dry.
            When I
            > woke up, everything was soaking wet with dew, including the outside
            of my
            > wallcreeper, but it was totally dry inside, and did not lose any
            loft.

            > Chet

          • David Chinell
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 2 6:35 AM
              Jamie:

              I've owned the medium-sized, synthetic fill Wallcreeper for
              two years now. It's as Chet described, somewhat narrow at
              the chest when you have your arms inside. Being of small
              stature (although of runaway girth) it works for me.

              I doubt that the medium size would work as a peapod. Being
              so narrow, you'd be putting an awful strain on the zipper.

              It does work as a boxy down vest, as advertised. I also use
              it as a quilt, and it works just fine that way too.

              Bear

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 2 2:50 PM
                Thanks Chet. I will have to look into it further before I decide.
                Wehre I hike, I think a outter peapod style cover that goes down to
                about freezing would be enough.

                <cclocksin@b...> wrote:
                > Yes, I did use it as a peapod and it works great. I have the Goose
                down
                > model, and it is rated at "32 F comfort / 23 F extreme" I have
                noticed many
                > of the web sites that sell the Wallcreeper get the specs mixed up
                between
                > the Down model and the PL model. I have the large size, and its
                huge. I
                > originally bought the medium size, but then returned it, not
                because of the
                > length, which was fine, but because it was a little tight around my
                chest
                > with my arms pulled inside. I am 5' 11", and 225lbs. The size
                difference is
                > striking between the bags. The large size has a girth at the
                shoulders of 75
                > inches, girth at the foot of 67 inches, and length of 102 inches.
                The medium
                > has shoulder girth of 59 in., foot girth at 51 in., and length of
                84 inches.
                > The large size makes a great peapod, but I did not try the meduim
                as a
                > peapod. Listed weight is 39 oz, but mine weighs in at 45 oz.
                >
                > Chet

                Service.