Re: |~| Suggested Trails in Canada |~|

  • Scott A. Ferguson
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1 11:36 AM
      The link for Cape Chignecto is http://www.capechignecto.net/. It is about 46 km long, so is short
      for 4 or 5 days. Beautiful place. I have done a day hike on it and hope ot do the entire loop this
      year.

      > * The Dobson Trail (Moncton to Fundy Park)
      > * The Fundy Foot Path (Between Fundy and Saint John)
      > * Cape Chignecto Provincial Park (NS)

      Anyone have any info or links on the Dobson and Fundy Foot Path trails? I went lookign last summer
      and only found a little bit of info on them. Usually just blurbs saying they are nice trails.

      Don't forget about the IAT (International Appalacian Trail) that runs from the Maine/New Brunswick
      border up to the tip of the Gaspe peninusla in Quebec. http://www.internationalat.org/

      If you can get to Newfoundland, there are some trails in Gros Morne National Park that are
      supposed to be awesome. Western Brook Pond is beautiful and someday I will see it from the top of
      the rim and not from the tour boat. http://www.pc.gc.ca/pn-np/nl/grosmorne/activ/activ2e_e.asp

      There is the Liberty Lake Trail at Kejimkujik National Park in western Nova Scotia that is in the
      50+ km range (if you have a ride between the parking lots). From what I have been told, the center
      section does not get a lot of traffic and can be pretty wet at times.
      http://www.friendsofkeji.ns.ca/liberty_lake_trail.htm

      I am going to be watching this thread to see if I can find any more trails that I can dream of
      hiking (don't have time to do much more than day hike lately).

      saF

      =====
      Scott A. Ferguson
      Halifax, Nova Scotia
      Canada

    • Cutshall
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4 5:07 AM
        Don't forget to check out The Bruce Trail too.. [2 line url]
        http://www.brucetrail.org/index.asp?id={E66FB2D0-2550-4D3D-8EF0-
        287002BFAA5F}

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Scott A. Ferguson" > I am
        going to be watching this thread to see if I can find any more
        trails that I can dream of
        > hiking (don't have time to do much more than day hike lately).
        >
        > saF
        >
        > =====
        > Scott A. Ferguson
        > Halifax, Nova Scotia
        > Canada

      • Scott A. Ferguson
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5 4:57 AM
          Um... The Bruce trail is in Ontario, more than a 12 hour drive from the closest part of Atlantic
          Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador). Add at
          least another 12 if you are coming from Newfoundland, but I think that would include the ferry....

          Sorta like saying, while you are in New York, go hike the Florida Trail.

          Don't worry, I have heard about this trail and would love to have a chance to hike it. ;)
          saF

          > Don't forget to check out The Bruce Trail too.. [2 line url]
          > http://www.brucetrail.org/index.asp?id={E66FB2D0-2550-4D3D-8EF0-
          > 287002BFAA5F}

          =====
          Scott A. Ferguson
          Halifax, Nova Scotia
          Canada

        • Francois
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 5 11:17 AM
            > Um... The Bruce trail is in Ontario, more than a 12 hour drive from
            the closest part of Atlantic
            > Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and
            Newfoundland and Labrador). Add at
            > least another 12 if you are coming from Newfoundland, but I think
            that would include the ferry....

            > Sorta like saying, while you are in New York, go hike the Florida
            Trail.

            Have you tought about the international appalachian trail?? There's
            a section in New-Brunswick, here's the link:
            http://www.internationalat.org/Info/SIAIAT_Pages/route

            Also the 'parc de la gasp├ęsie' in quebec is great! Mont Albert is
            pretty nice, to have the trail map clic on 'list of parcs--Gasp├ęsie',
            then 'activities and servicies--summer activities'. There's a 100 km
            trail that looks interesting.
            http://www.sepaq.com/En/index.cfm#0

            -franc from Quebec