Re: [Hammock Camping] Chet!

  • Risk
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 1 7:51 AM
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Chet Clocksin"
      <cclocksin@b...> wrote:
      > Marsanne,
      > I added 2 photos of the 4 wrap knot tied to the steel stand.

      Chet,

      Ed Speer has a great way of tying this knot to make sure it does not
      slip down the vertical pole.

      Once he has done the 4 wrap knot, he takes the end of the webbing over
      the top rail and then back to the 4-wrap knot, tying it off with an
      easy to release loop knot. This eliminates any tendency of the knot
      to slip down the pole. For some types of smooth poles, this could be
      important.

      Rick
    • firefly
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 1 8:34 AM
        I would like to see a close up picture of this technique, if anybody has
        one. I cannot see the pictures in the book. I mean, they are there, but they
        are too dark. Also, would it work with ropes, too, or just straps?

        Chet,

        Ed Speer has a great way of tying this knot to make sure it does not
        slip down the vertical pole.

        Once he has done the 4 wrap knot, he takes the end of the webbing over
        the top rail and then back to the 4-wrap knot, tying it off with an
        easy to release loop knot. This eliminates any tendency of the knot
        to slip down the pole. For some types of smooth poles, this could be
        important.

        Rick
      • Chet Clocksin
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 1 8:50 AM
          Risk has great pictures of tying this knot on his website   www.imrisk.com

          Scroll down toward the bottom of the page and look under the heading HAMMOCK CAMPING REFERENCES

          Chet