Chet!

  • firefly
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 1 6:09 AM

      Chet, if you still have your hammock on the steel stand, would you please take a close up picture of how you have it attached and add it to the group files, or send it to me directly? Group files is probably best if that is not too much trouble. Thanks!

      Marsanne

    • Chet Clocksin
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 1 6:59 AM
        Marsanne,
        I added 2 photos of the 4 wrap knot tied to the steel stand. They're in "chet's home made" folder on the group photo section. Let me know if they're not clear enough, or if you want me to send them to you directly. The knots have held without slipping, but I find that if I want to adjust the height I can twist and pull them with some effort and move them up or down on the stand without untying / re-tying.

        Chet

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 1 7:39 AM

          Thank you. This helps.

          Marsanne,

          I added 2 photos of the 4 wrap knot tied to the steel stand. They're in "chet's home made" folder on the group photo section. Let me know if they're not clear enough, or if you want me to send them to you directly. The knots have held without slipping, but I find that if I want to adjust the height I can twist and pull them with some effort and move them up or down on the stand without untying / re-tying.

        • Risk
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 1 7:51 AM
            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Chet Clocksin"
            <cclocksin@b...> wrote:
            > Marsanne,
            > I added 2 photos of the 4 wrap knot tied to the steel stand.

            Chet,

            Ed Speer has a great way of tying this knot to make sure it does not
            slip down the vertical pole.

            Once he has done the 4 wrap knot, he takes the end of the webbing over
            the top rail and then back to the 4-wrap knot, tying it off with an
            easy to release loop knot. This eliminates any tendency of the knot
            to slip down the pole. For some types of smooth poles, this could be
            important.

            Rick
          • firefly
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 1 8:34 AM
              I would like to see a close up picture of this technique, if anybody has
              one. I cannot see the pictures in the book. I mean, they are there, but they
              are too dark. Also, would it work with ropes, too, or just straps?

              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 1 8:50 AM
                Risk has great pictures of tying this knot on his website   www.imrisk.com

                Scroll down toward the bottom of the page and look under the heading HAMMOCK CAMPING REFERENCES

                Chet