RE: [Hammock Camping] going lt....

  • ra1@imrisk.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 31, 2004
      Quoting firefly <firefly@...>:

      > I have heard several horror stories about people getting bitten through the
      > bottom of nylon hammocks. I would not risk it, I would use the P stuff. I
      > always do. It works.

      ###
      Also works to have a layer of foam in the hammock.

      Rick
    • Dan
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 31, 2004
        I bought a Byer Moskito Traveller hammock this past Fall--I liked the
        idea of the mosquito netting already attached. When I got the
        hammock, I immediately noticed the bottom was not even close to being
        as thick as the bottom of my Clark (no bites through the Clark since
        I got it a few years back). So I contacted the Byer folks noting the
        thickness of the hammock and asked if a pad would be a smart
        defense. Their reply was "yes." Since one of the reasons I got that
        particular hammock was for light duty use and weight reduction (read
        don't want no stinkin' pad) the idea of a repellant on the fabric
        itself sounds like a fantastic idea to me.