Re: [Hammock Camping] going lt....

  • ra1@imrisk.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 31, 2004
      Quoting Susan Turner <hammockhanger@...>:

      > The switch was basically for the cold weather. I like my HH so
      > much... I do not feel confined in it at all. But I was just
      > intrigued by the peapod and am going to try it for cold weather
      > camping. I still love my HH. Guess, it's like having two kids...
      > Sue/HH

      It may be more complicated than that, like having two boyfriends. Perhaps you
      should be careful one does not dump you.

      Rick
    • ra1@imrisk.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 31, 2004
        Quoting firefly <firefly@...>:

        > I have heard several horror stories about people getting bitten through the
        > bottom of nylon hammocks. I would not risk it, I would use the P stuff. I
        > always do. It works.

        ###
        Also works to have a layer of foam in the hammock.

        Rick
      • Dan
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 31, 2004
          I bought a Byer Moskito Traveller hammock this past Fall--I liked the
          idea of the mosquito netting already attached. When I got the
          hammock, I immediately noticed the bottom was not even close to being
          as thick as the bottom of my Clark (no bites through the Clark since
          I got it a few years back). So I contacted the Byer folks noting the
          thickness of the hammock and asked if a pad would be a smart
          defense. Their reply was "yes." Since one of the reasons I got that
          particular hammock was for light duty use and weight reduction (read
          don't want no stinkin' pad) the idea of a repellant on the fabric
          itself sounds like a fantastic idea to me.