Re: [Hammock Camping] a diagonal measurement

  • SF Nazdarovye
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2004
      You got it. Sounds like you already know it, but you can get the exact
      diagonal by calculating the square root of the sum of the square of
      both sides (which comes out to 10.735 in this case).

      On Mar 30, 2004, at 8:40 PM, chcoa wrote:

      > Does 10.7' sound about right for the diagonal of something that's
      > 5x9.5'?
      >
      > I'm not very good at math and was trying to figure out what the
      > Dancing Light gear tarp/poncho would be if set up on the diagonal
      > over my HH.
    • Eric Marcano
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 31, 2004
        I've used the Equinox Poncho Tarp with Extension over a HH with good
        results. I'm getting a HH Cat Tarp because I've come to realize, for
        my particular taste, that a poncho on a diagonal doesn't create
        much "livable" space underneath in inclement weather. The weight
        savings is great, though! I posted pics under "HH with Poncho Tarp."

        Eric
        Woodstock, GA

        > Does 10.7' sound about right for the diagonal of something that's
        > 5x9.5'?
        >
        > I'm not very good at math and was trying to figure out what the
        > Dancing Light gear tarp/poncho would be if set up on the diagonal
        > over my HH.
        >
        > Thanks
        > jamie in az
      • chcoa
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 31, 2004
          Eric what are the dimentions of the Equinox Poncho tarp?

          jamie in az

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Marcano"
          <ericmarcano@y...> wrote:
          > I've used the Equinox Poncho Tarp with Extension over a HH with
          good
          > results. I'm getting a HH Cat Tarp because I've come to realize,
          for
          > my particular taste, that a poncho on a diagonal doesn't create
          > much "livable" space underneath in inclement weather. The weight
          > savings is great, though! I posted pics under "HH with Poncho
          Tarp."

          > Eric
          > Woodstock, GA

        • Eric Marcano
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 6, 2004
            58" x 114"
            127.9" diagonal

            After I get the MacCat Tarp, I think I'll try using the poncho as a
            GI in cold weather.

            Eric