Re: a diagonal measurement

  • Ralph Oborn
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 30, 2004
      5 squared is 25
      9.5 squared is 90.25
      add them to get 115.25
      Take square root to get 10.7 something
      Looks like you are right on. :]

      Ralph

      > Does 10.7' sound about right for the diagonal of something that's
      > 5x9.5'?
      >
      > I'm not very good at math and was trying to figure out what the
      > Dancing Light gear tarp/poncho would be if set up on the diagonal
      > over my HH.
      >
      > Thanks
      > jamie in az
    • SF Nazdarovye
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 31, 2004
        You got it. Sounds like you already know it, but you can get the exact
        diagonal by calculating the square root of the sum of the square of
        both sides (which comes out to 10.735 in this case).

        On Mar 30, 2004, at 8:40 PM, chcoa wrote:

        > Does 10.7' sound about right for the diagonal of something that's
        > 5x9.5'?
        >
        > I'm not very good at math and was trying to figure out what the
        > Dancing Light gear tarp/poncho would be if set up on the diagonal
        > over my HH.
      • Eric Marcano
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 31, 2004
          I've used the Equinox Poncho Tarp with Extension over a HH with good
          results. I'm getting a HH Cat Tarp because I've come to realize, for
          my particular taste, that a poncho on a diagonal doesn't create
          much "livable" space underneath in inclement weather. The weight
          savings is great, though! I posted pics under "HH with Poncho Tarp."

          Eric
          Woodstock, GA

          > Does 10.7' sound about right for the diagonal of something that's
          > 5x9.5'?
          >
          > I'm not very good at math and was trying to figure out what the
          > Dancing Light gear tarp/poncho would be if set up on the diagonal
          > over my HH.
          >
          > Thanks
          > jamie in az
        • chcoa
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 31, 2004
            Eric what are the dimentions of the Equinox Poncho tarp?

            jamie in az

            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Marcano"
            <ericmarcano@y...> wrote:
            > I've used the Equinox Poncho Tarp with Extension over a HH with
            good
            > results. I'm getting a HH Cat Tarp because I've come to realize,
            for
            > my particular taste, that a poncho on a diagonal doesn't create
            > much "livable" space underneath in inclement weather. The weight
            > savings is great, though! I posted pics under "HH with Poncho
            Tarp."

            > Eric
            > Woodstock, GA

          • Eric Marcano
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 6, 2004
              58" x 114"
              127.9" diagonal

              After I get the MacCat Tarp, I think I'll try using the poncho as a
              GI in cold weather.

              Eric