Re: Insulation value of sleep pads

  • starnescr <starnescr@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 10, 2003
      Ed

      The Thermarest site gives the R-value of its pads. For instance the
      camp rest = 7.3 (but over 4 lbs.)
      z-rest = 2.2
      ridge rest = 2.6 &3.1 (different thickness pads)

      Here is the link. You will have to navigat to each pad.

      http://www.cascadedesigns.com/thermarest/

      Coy Boy

      > Marge asked about the insulation value of sleep pads. I don't think
      > comparable figures are available. But it would be useful if they
      were.
      > One industry standard of representating insulating vaule is the R-
      Value.

    • Ed Speer <info@speerhammocks.com>
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 10, 2003
        Thanks Coy Boy
        I'll check it out and add to my list
        Ed

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "starnescr <starnescr@y...>"
        <starnescr@y...> wrote:
        > Ed
        >
        > The Thermarest site gives the R-value of its pads. For instance
        the
        > camp rest = 7.3 (but over 4 lbs.)
        > z-rest = 2.2
        > ridge rest = 2.6 &3.1 (different thickness pads)
        >
        > Here is the link. You will have to navigat to each pad.
        >
        > http://www.cascadedesigns.com/thermarest/
        >
        > Coy Boy

      • rhmitt
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 31, 2003
          Ed and Coy Boy

          Exped gives the R-value of its pads at its site -- exped.com. Their
          3.5" x 70" x 20.5" down-filled air mattress, which weighs 32 oz. is
          rated R 9.1.

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Speer <info@s...>"

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2003
            Message
            Thanks, obviously thick pads offer much more warmth than thin ones...Ed