Re: [Hammock Camping] hammock stands...why reinvent the wheel:

  • ra1@imrisk.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2004

      > These stands do have some inherent problems. One being that there is no
      > convenient place to put the tarp, unless you want it only a few inches from
      > your face. Because this stand is so low to the ground, you have to tie up the
      > hammock pretty taut, which is not ideal for comfort. These stands do work (I
      > used one this past weekend) but they are far from ideal.
      >
      > Karen

      In addition to what Karen mentioned, the WalMart stands are very difficult to
      use with the HH. It is possible, but requires getting on my knees and crawling
      to get in the bottom entrance.

      We ended up moving some Speer-type top entry hammocks to the Walmart stands so
      the HH users could use Speer stands on Saturday evening.