Re: [Hammock Camping] Travel Pod Musings

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29 7:12 PM
      matthulbert wrote:

      >I have a couple questions about the travelpod. I don't know if anyone
      >but Risk has made one, but I've been spending too much time thinking
      >about it and am looking for guesses, informed opinions, and feedback.
      >Rick's posts are awesome, but I need more input!
      >
      >1. Does it really need the gusset in the bottom? I don't see me
      >putting that much stuff in it. Think I can get away with not doing
      >that and still having room for a couple inches of stuffing (like a
      >quilt or maybe clothes or leaves) between the 'Pod and the hammock bottom?

      At the hammock campout over the weekend I pointedly took a look at the
      free space between the bottom of the travel pod and my hammock. It was
      about two inches. That was with nothing in the TravelPod. The reason I
      put the insert in was because I felt so much like I was in a mummy sack
      without the extra hip and shoulder room. I am 6 ft and weigh 195
      pounds. My chest is about 44. If one were much smaller than this,
      perhaps the insert would not be necessary.